The Surfing Pig Hawaii
Kono’s began in Haleiwa on the North Shore in 2002. With its fun, surf-inspired atmosphere and delicious dishes, Kono’s has grown to be an island favorite. In 2017, it was voted #1 Plate lunch, #1 Breakfast, #1 Restaurant Under $29 and #1 Cheap Eats through the Reader’s Choice Awards in Hawaii Magazine. In 2017, and again in 2018, Kono’s received the prestigious ‘Ilima People’s Choice Award for “Best Casual Restaurant.” With the steady success and solid relationships that Kono’s has cultivated in the community, the conditions were right to start something fresh…
The Surfing Pig Hawaii is the fourth restaurant location, opened in early 2018 by Kono’s Restaurant Group. Also known as “Kono’s sexy big sister,” it is the first of its kind. Nestled in the heart of the Upper Kaimuki, on the corner of Koko Head/Waialae Avenue, its flavor is Americana with a bold, local twist. The interior design celebrates modern surf culture, and the walls are a muted canvas that allows colors and ingredients on the dishes to really shine. The feeling is warm and the service is infused with “Extra Aloha.” The Surfing Pig celebrates the early days of Kaimuki (the Mecca of dining on Oahu) while embracing the present.
The Surfing Pig offers an elevated menu of Kono’s award winning 12-hour slow roasted pork, various selections of meat, small plates, savory entrees and delectable desserts. The new restaurant serves the best hand-crafted cocktails and offers the best gourmet bar food on the island. It is a hub for the classic and hip, distinguished professionals, celebrated artists, community influencers, foodies, everyday people & their families, in addition to the travelers looking for a neo-local experience outside of Waikiki and into a more neighborhood feel. The Surfing Pig is pleased to receive its first ‘Ilima People’s Choice Award for a new category called “Best of the Burbs” for East O’ahu in October 2018.
- Local House Greens9Hawai’i grown greens, house made sesame ginger dressing, grape tomato, red onion
- BRICK CHICKEN29Lightly seasoned airline chicken, pressed, pan fried + served w/ Sriracha fried rice, mushroom medley,
lemon beurre blanc
- SURFING PIG BURGER18Our signature seasoned bacon-burger blend, topped w/ bourbon onion, smoked gouda cheese, citrus herb aioli
- TENDERLOIN MEDALLIONS38Seasoned 6 oz beef tenderloin, red wine reduction, garlic potato, seasonal vegetable
- PAN SEARED AHI31Togarashi dusted, seared Ahi on a bed of Sriracha fried rice. Topped with Edamame Avocado Guacamole.
- DIJON SALMON30
7 oz. salmon seared with dijon garlic sauce & fresh dill, a side seasonable vegetables and rice
- TRUFFLE BUTTER RIB EYE39
Marinated beed rib eye served with garlic truffle butter, a heaping amount of fried onions, roasted and mashed Okinawan sweet potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- BACK RIBS - FULL RACK39Full rack of St. Louis ribs, asian slaw and herbed fingerling potatoes
- VEGAN BUGER22Grilled Beyond burger topped with braised mushrooms, bourbon onions, vegan cheese, vegan ginger aioli, lettuce and tomato
- Stuffed French Toast14French toast stuffed w/ Nutella + brulee apple banana, scoop of vanilla ice cream, finished w/ a Nutella drizzle, whip, fresh mint
- Smoking Pig15The most popular Surfing Pig signature drink is a take on the classic old fashioned using bacon infused bourbon, smoked + served tableside, topped w/ a crispy slice of bacon
- The Smoked "Rosemary Mezcal Margarita"15By merging rosemary & mesquite into our cocktail brings new light to the woody undertones & smoky highlights of a traditional margarita
- Livin’ On A Pear15ode ti 1980’s rock, grey goose la poire muddled with cucumber & shaken with mint. “It’s American rock, but refreshing”.
- Aerol Spitzer14An Italian sparkling wine-based cocktail, infused with elderflower & strawberry fennel served as an aperitif in northeast Italy
- Waiaale Walk14A delicious rendition of the classic Old Fashioned using Scotch, cranberry + thyme, balanced w/ Aperol
- El Divertido14A harmonious pairing of red sangria + tequila sour topped w/ a dash of cinnamon
Monday to Friday: 11:00am – 2:00pm
Sunday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 9:30pm
Friday – Saturday: 4:00pm – 10:30pm
Monday – Friday: 4:00pm – 6:00pm